Snorkel Coco View
Roatan’s Most Spectacular & Convenient Snorkeling
Although primarily a dive resort, there’s a special secret at CoCo View that few non-divers are aware of: our resort is also home to some of the most spectacular, and certainly the most convenient, snorkeling on Roatan and the Caribbean.
Our location, literally on the edge of the coral reef, provides true shore snorkeling - as easy as can be. Everything that makes our dive resort a haven for dedicated divers also makes us a snorkeler’s paradise. Short boat trips, convenient gear storage, and our professional and friendly staff combine to make CoCo View the best destination for a relaxing and wonderful vacation. Snorkelers are certainly welcome here and are encouraged to enjoy the abundant marine life found at and around the resort.
We hope you make CoCo View your next choice when planning a Roatan snorkeling trip!
Roatan Snorkel Rentals & Equipment Sales
DockSide Dive Center, located on-site at our resort’s dock area, offers a full range of snorkel equipment, including masks, fins, snorkels, and wet suits. Half day, full day, and weekly rentals are all available at the shop, as are fish and coral identification books and charts.
Photographic equipment and a number of photographic services are available at the photo center, also located within Dockside Dive Center. Remember the beautiful things you saw and make your friends and family jealous by bringing home incredible photos from your underwater adventures.
Things You Should Know
Here are some things we’d like you to know about snorkeling at CoCo View Resort:
- Snorkelers are always welcome on the dive boats.
- Boat trip destinations are posted by the weight counter at the dock area each morning and afternoon.
- With the exception of a few sites, most are excellent for snorkeling right around the boat mooring, and even better just a short swim toward shore from the boat.
- Our famous “Front Yard” offers a tremendous variety of marine beauty and seascapes just a few steps from our Clubhouse. Two coral walls and a ship wreck are easily accessible and offer a diverse and abundant showcase of some of the most beautiful and interesting creatures of the sea.
- Our gear lockers and rinse and fresh water showers are conveniently located on the dock by the boats and Dockside Dive Center.
- There are colorful dive site placemats located in the Clubhouse and on the dock that are wonderful visual aids for planning your outings.is can be an excellent Roatan snorkel site, too, when visibility is good. At certain times of the year, over 85% of the wreck’s140 foot length can be visible from a surface snorkel. As the wreck is situated in the channel, please keep an eye out for boats when snorkeling this site.